Saturday, August 7, 2010

02/08/2010 Almost Tokyo

Today is the day I am flying to japan! Everything worked fine, I catched my subway, got my very havy bag and checked in. I am allowed to carry 20kg with me. When I put my back on the scale and it shows 30kg, the nice check in lady says nothing. not even a look. No comment about my additional 25kg hand luggage. No discussions, it easily works. Wow. A great start. The flight is nice, I work, I sleep. Arrived at the airport, everything works fine, everything is in order and easy to follow. It is great. The only thing, I found out, that Tokyo Airport is not in Tokyo. It is even in a different state. So, I take a 2h bus ride to arrive, but even this is fine. I cross different landscapes, and everything looked like germany. Excatly like when I drive the autobahn from Karlsruhe to Landau. Ok, later, it looked a bit like the area around Mannheim, but this is still the same highway, only 30 km more in the north. I am surprised :-)
Late in the evening I arrived at my host and we went for tradittional Japanese goof, Omoyapppi or so. It is a nice pancake-omlett, done by yourself on a tepanyakki. Very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment