Thursday, August 19, 2010

07/08/2010 (2) - In the Zen temple

My friends are amazing. After my Geisha shoot, they pick me up and arrange for me a visit in a very private Zen temple. Normally this temple is closed for public, but a friend is a friend of the priest and so I am a llowed to enter the beautiful temples.
The other tourists around are looking a bit jalous, and, yes, they have reason for it. It is a wonderful place. The zen master took his time and showed me around. Beautiful 700 years old paintings, springs and trees. I was allowed to see the very special and holy imperail gate, which is only used if the imperer is arriving. That was 2 times in the last 400 years. When ever the imperer is coming, the zengardens have to be new structured and new sand is used, that the empoerer can walk on a new surface. He explained me the meaning of old zengardens. Detailed aranged stones, which have to be rearragend every morning new by one of the 3 training monks.
He takes me with in the very old teahouse, and showed me the traditional tea ceremony and the meaning behind it.

It was wunderful. And after it, we went all together to a very small japanese restaurant /bar. The boys ordered all the food on the menue and lots of sake. We have had great fun and I was eating a lot of strange but tasty things. The most strange one was the eye of a fish. For real. They said, this has a lot of collagen and therefore it is very good for my skin to eat it. I just trust and try everything. The exe was not bad in taste. But also not outstanding good. Normal. I was very surprised, that the pupil was hard. I thought it is just a hole in the eye, but it is a small black hard ball. like a little pearl and -for me- not eatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment