Monday, August 16, 2010

07/08/2010 I am a Geisha

I went today to my Geisha - Transforming. In fact, I did not get a transforming to a geisha, but to a maiko. A maiko is the trainee geisha. In opposite to a geisha wears the meiko colorful kimonos. I love colors and I love geishas, so I decided I want to do this maiko transofrmation.
I researched a studio last month in the internet and I was a bit shocked by the prices. But... I really want this, so I think, I deserve it.

To be well prepared, IO did not went out last night and get awake very early to go to my studio. The studio is in the old Kyoto district, which is famous for a lot of geishas. Well, I am not sure, if the plenty geishas, people see and picture there are real geishas, or as me, tourist who make this styling :) But the scenery is wonderful. I arrived there after a long walk in the heat and felt like a princess. I got a thing bathrobe and have had to change. I also get those socks with the seperate toe (for the "geisha-flip flops") and than I went to the make up.

They make my face and neck with 2 differnt white creams white and than a bit rose. I got some niche eye make up, new pink eyebrows and red lips. After that, I could choose my kimono and got the dressing.
This dressing is really effort. There are severyl layers and towels they use to hide the breast.The funny thing is, they hide the brest, by putting towels on your tommy. So, after all you are fat like a barrel. :-) Than the put me the beautiful kimono on, and the belt and the loop of the back and the underskirt. Than I got my faked hai and the assessoires like shoes, bag and all the nice flowerthings they have in their hair. Puh... It was heavy and hot ans soooooo beautiful!

After the dressing, I went out with my fotographer and she took somke pictures with me infront of some houses and trees and in the street. A lot of people were fascinated and took fotos of me.

It was really surprising for me how difficult it was to walk in that geisha shoes. And I have had the not high ones.... Ususally I have always 8 cm high heeels, or higher, so I thought, walking with that cute shoes would be no problem.. but it was really hard to keept the balance :)

And I was sweating... it was soooo hot! I was really happy when I could take all the nice clothers off afterwards and feel the nice cold of the aircondition on my legs.

An amazing experience!!!!!! I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment