Tuesday, August 24, 2010

14/08/2010 - Honest Hong Kong

Since yesterday am I in Hong Kong. The city is big and shining. Bling bling. Gems are not big, they are huge! Seldom I have seen what they offer here as almost normal. Of course, I enjoy it and spent the whole morning in several Cartier shops, enjoying myself with a coffee on the nice jewels.
I visit nice stones and watches for a half million USD, trying out some baby aligator bags. Than I notice that my wallet is not anymore in my bag. I start visiting the shops in reverse order, walk all the way bag, but, it is lost. I gave up and went to the 5***** hotel to ask the, if they can block my credit cards. They are nice and helpful and also set down a police report for me. I am relaxed, the money is away (i was just at the ATM) and the only thing, I struggle with, is that I was not buying more before I lsot the wallet. Than, the guy from American express told me, that I can get a new card on monday. Unfortunatly, it is now saturday, and I have no cent, and no cards and nothing. I have not yet paid for the hostel and i have no idea what to do. The amex guy tells me to ask the embassy, there should be a found for that. The embassor is a friendly men, but he does not give me money. But he showed me a way: I called my father, that he transfer me some money with western union. Pefect!
I went back to the hostel, explained the people my situation. There were fine, that I will pay a bit later and I skyped to my dad and explained him, what to do. He agreed to transfer me the money within a hour. Perfect! So, I thought... :-/
After our talk, I remembered, that I also need the code for getting the money. And my dad is a nice person, who stores his cellphone in the wardrobe and never use it. But he told me he will be back home 2 hours later. So, I wait and I tried to call him. Again and again and again. in the meanwhile, there was a email from the hong kong police station coming. Someone found my wallet!. Amazing! I was not expecting to get some money, but at least, I will have my driving licence, which is very usefull in US. I went to the police station to pick my purse up. Unfortunatly, was the officer not here and they asked me to wait.
After 30 min wiating, they told me he might be out for dinner and I should come back in 30 minutes. No problem! I understand this man. I am also very hungry. Since breakfast I have not had anything, due to the lack of money. So i walked around and went back to the police. There they told me, that he is not out for dinner, but left home. I should come back on monday. ... Monday.. I know this day. It is far away! And i am hungry. Luckily the police men understood my situation and said me, I could try it also the next day, at 9:00 in the morning. Ok... So, i went home and try to call my dad again. and again and again. I get really nervous, because it was already quarter to eight and on eight all banks are closing, which means, I do not get any money and I would stay hungry. Than, 5 to eight I could reach him (after I tried to call him for 5 hours) He was in a good mood and told me all what he done in the afternoon, and that the son of the lady from the bank also lost his wallet in china and and and. Due to my hunger i was kind of unpolite and stopped the call to run down to get the money and finaly food.
Next to western union, there was an indian stand with sweets and banas. I bought 2 sweets and ate them hungry. Than went I upstairs to my hostel, paid the bill and visit the night market to eat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment