Monday, August 16, 2010

06/08/2010 - Kyoto in Old Japanese Style

Japan has fantastic fast trains. The Shinkansen train is faster than our ICE in Germany. Long distances can be done in less than 1 hour. But therefore, this train is super expansive. So, I decided not to take 1h train, but doing a 9h night bus ride. Very unconfortable, but finally I arrived in Kyoto.

Kyoto is a medium sized city in Japan. I guess round about 1.5 million people. So, I arrived there, smelling, tired and with only 25 kg luggage. I found out, that there is a airport luggage delivery service in Japan, and so, I could sent my 30 kg suitcase from Tokyo to my final airport in Osaka for only 25€.... How great!!! I feel so... easy :)
Nevertheless, I have had to cross half of Kyoto to get to my hostel. When I arrived there, noone was there. So I wait until someone opened me the door. Unfortunately, the alarm started and I have had no clue how to switch it of. So the alarm stayed on for the next hour, while I tried to sleep a bit on the couch in the lounge (what is is strictly forbitten).
Somewhen the desk was open, I stored my luggage, took a shower and went with a nice guy from Newzealand into the city to buy some gifts for my JCI friends. We crossed the imnperial garden, went in for 5 meters, shot some pictures and went on. The same with the castel and severy temples... We were just too tired and sweaty for sight seeing. but we shot great pictures and I am very happy I have had my semi professional camera!
Later I visit a frined and his family for a BBQ. He has had his 4 kids and the 2 babies of his sister with him. I am highly surprised. Japanse kids are so nice and happy, never fighting or crying. And the steaks were exellent! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment