Saturday, August 28, 2010

23/08/2010 First day in classes... American classes

Classes started! I have 5 courses (plus my thesis). For europeans, this sounds not that much, but in fact, in US it is a bit diffirent. WE have to read a lot of books and have finals, midterms, projects, homeworks and quizzes. A lot of names for tests, tests, tests and ok, groupworks. So I will be really busy. (This is alsy, why I post this article now and not already some days ago)
Also the classes itselves are different. We have no morning classes, but somethimes we are sitting until 22:30 in the lecture. I have no idea how I shall do that without sleeping in. One day we have classes from 12:00-19:30, with only 2 breakes of 15 min in between. This is not long enought to eat and change the room. And it is almost a whole working day ... I will be starving.
However, the people there are great. I am very happy and I already met a lot of nice new friends. It is so easy to meet new people. The semesters starts, and we have a lot of orientation meetings, registration things and other events, where we meet other new starters. Everyone is looking for new contacts,a dn so forming groups is really easy. I also appreciate that there are open classes, where other people, than my normal fellow students participate. This makes a good mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment