Saturday, July 31, 2010

31/07/2010 - Exploring Shanghai

Waking up at 7 in the morning is bad. But waking up at six, after have been clubbing half the night is worse. In special, if it is saturday and you could sleep for ever. But my body seems to have other plans. So I stand up, worked a bit, took a shower and left for the old city.

It took me a while to find the place, beacuse I have had no idea, where it was and what metro stop it should be, but I did not care. The sun was shining, a perfect day. The air is fresh, the buildings are nice, everywhere is an good atmosphere and I am in the middle of that. I love it. I saw small streets, stores, parks and a great skyline.

Finally I arrived in the "Old town" and I was a bit surprised. The old town was not really old. It was a big perdisant street with those typicly chinese houses. But only store at store. KFC, next to Hagen Dasz, next to McDonalds, next to Starbucks. Iterativ, with some interruptions by souvenir shops. And so many people pressing through this.

I really did not appreciate, so I decide to go to the bund and enjoy the nice view on the modern Shanghai. In a close park, I met a girl from Singapore who is living since 1 week in Shanghai. She is new and we met on Couchsurfing to walk together through the city. What a perfedct match! We liked each other from the very first second. We were the whole time laughting talking about nonsence and private things. I really felt after 2 hours very close to her. We spent a wonderful afternoon (5h) and made plans for tonight and tomorrow. Well, I am 100% happy. I enjoy this great time!
PS: The guy from yesterday texted me to get the dinner confirmed - if i am still interested :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment