Tuesday, February 23, 2010

19/02/2010 Arriving in Warsaw

5:00 in the morning, and I get a call from Dave. Is this a nightmare? No. It is real. He asks me if I am at the airport... Nunja, not now... but I should be there very soon, the boarding already started. After some problems with my overweight-luggage, the boarding pass and the security control (yup.. if there is something wrong, there is all wrong) finally I reached the plane to Warsaw. And what a surprise: I was not the last one, after me, there was Zifan comming! So, 10% of the globals together in a plane facing our new home.

Warsaw was as excpected: coooooooooooold! With a lot of snow and a very friendly face Martyna, who helped me the whole day with all mayor and minor issues we can have. She negotiated with the people from the dorm, with my polish organizor, with the landlords of the flat and brought me just in time to my first global-event in Warsaw University.

So, for the next weeks, my new home is a small room, which I share with 2 lovely polish girls. The room is tiny, without any private space and the furniture reminds me to the dorm, where I was living in romania... somewhen long time ago. I could have had a much better room or flat, but: I am happy if it is basic. Thus, I am completely satisfied. In addition, I discover every day something new: our dorm has a own Sklep (shop), which provides really everything I need. Starting from the vegetables, the instant coffees (jaja, live is hard), the salten pickles, over toilet paper, Kinderriegel, until Prepaid cards for my simcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment