Tuesday, February 23, 2010

17/02/2010 Arabien Nights in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia

3 exiting weeks in India are over and I fligh back to good old Germany. On the way back, I have the pleasure to have a 9h stop in Bahrain. Of course I take a Visa and try to explore this new country. But, to be honest, there is not that much to see. So, I joined some people I get connected with during my flight from Mumbai. We went to Shisha smoking and dinner. After that we made a trip to Saudi Arabia, which is just 25km away. To be honest, I was really scared, because, I have no Visa, but they arranged it somehow, that I could pass the border.
As a result, I can just say: I love the arabian countries!

Ahhhh... The very interesting an courious thing: On the last day in Goa, a lovely friend put the whole time the AC on, so that I get sick. Back in Bombay, I could not speak any word for almost 3 days. The most people thought I am mute since birth and very absolut friendly to me. They asked me question and were very confortable interested, but they keep a respectful distance, which is not always normal for indian people.
The Saudis were funny: As soon as they recognized, that I cannot speak, they also stopped speaking and wrote everything on a small paper.... When I wrote back that I cannot speak, but hear them, there were very suprised, but still kept on silence writing on he paper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment