Tuesday, March 2, 2010

02/03/2010 Learning about Cultural Differences

Staying with 2 polish girls in a room is harder as thought. Those girls are completely different to what I have in experience with russian, ukrain or german girls. This is best shown by the care they give to others and how they respect privacy or keep their own privacy.
In some things, there are very generous and open, in other things most close. Funnily, they behaver is complete different to what I would do or expect.
All the things of the others can easily be uses: The PC, the hairthings, plates, kittchenstuff and so on. Very nice. Normal things like changing clothes is a big issue. I have never seen one of the girls half naked, or in underwear. If they change the slip, they put first the other clothers on, than they change the underwear. On the other hand, they have no problems to have some sexy time with their boyfriend, which is kind of disturbing me, if I also want to be in my room to do some work. They also see no problem with drying the hair at 1 o'clock in the night, when others want to sleep, or to ignore the alarmclock at 5:00 in the morning as long as all others are awake. And than to ensure, no one is sleeping anymore: she puts all the lights on and is noisy! I have no clue how long I can rest with 4 hours sleep per night.
Those girls are also very communicative. There are always some friends, so that in average there are 5 people in our 12 sqm room. They are loud discussing, ordering pizza, or and watching movies. That others (I) ight have a need to sleep or the wish to change the clothers, cream myself after a shower, study, watch a movie or something else... I guess there is no awareness.
Also in general life issues, you can see a very different perspective on things:
They are very catholic and we have had long discussions about marriage, loyality and cheating partners. Completely different view! The polish girls think, that a girl can the same work aas a man, and that the couple stay together until the end of their life. Men do not cheat if the wife gets old and fat or uggly, because those men also get old. And if men cheat their women, if they are pregnant, this would be unfair. (jaja, life is always fair - hahahaha)
I really hope the polish life will stay like that... but it is hard to me to believe, this is true :D

No comments:

Post a Comment