Thursday, February 11, 2010

08/02/2010 1st Indian Railway experience

Luckely, I catch my 9:20 train from Delhi to Jaipur today. Even if 9:20 seems to be a human time, it was soooo hard for me to get up, after all my diary was changed the last week... (Sleeping untill 11:00, than some easygoing sightseeing, shopping or function, than party until 4:00). The train was better than expected. I have had class 3A: An confortable sleeping wagon, always 6 people get an open department together. Better as the russian trains, because it was new and there was no wind freezing you.

Already when the train left the railway station, I got the other India presented. People living next to the railway, some in tents, some just on the ground. Everything is absolut dirty, animals next to babies, dogs eating other dead dogs next to your fireplace.
Of course I saw some bargaining children and skinny women on the street. And everytime, this was a big challange for me, not to donate, not to pay attention. But there, there were so many together, and I could really see their poor "homes". A huge difference to all the luxure I enjoyed the last days. India is crucial digital. 1 or 0. On or off.


No comments:

Post a Comment