Monday, February 1, 2010

02/02/2010 Being in Delhi

I arrived!
After a very long but very comfortable flight (1st class gulf air... I got upgraded on both flights! WOW... and big thanks to the lovely crew) I arrived in India! (this was already some days ago, but I guess everyone understands, that I am sooooo busy, that I was not able to go online earlier).

India is fantastic, very different but still similar. I have very nice hosts, which are so welcomming me. On the first day I bought my indian suit for the wedding... It looks amazing, and I am very unpatiened to wear it. Every day I make a try in front of the mirrow, waiting for sunday, the final wedding party to wear it outside.
During the morning, i always do my admistrative things like shopping, tailor, beautysaloon or internet, later in the afternoon, I do some sightseeing and in the evening, there are the wounderful treatments for the wedding.

Yesterday, there was a small informal dinner for the close family.... I have never seen a close family of 100 people before. It took place in the house of the bridges aunt. The house was very shining decorated, there were lights and lampions in the trees , and a big indian buffet in the garden. People were dancing, singing and chatting and all the girls worn very shining and colorfull sarees or suits with heavy jewels. Faszinating... like a far away fairytale. I love it!

The days before, I collected so many impressions, I cannot tell... It would be to much: I was going with a ritcha to the saree market, silver market, meat market, spice market, fruitmarket, flowermarket, sandalsmarket... and so on.

I saw how the people colored my scarf in exactly the same color as my dress, how there was the bargaining and the fitting, was in very smal and hot shops...everything so amazing... I swear, I will deliver the pictures... later :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    Just found your post over the Internet.
    So after very long but very comfortable flights to India, you just arrived in India.
    India is such an incredible country and it has so much to offer for its tourist.
    Congratulation; for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete