Tuesday, March 23, 2010

23/03/2010 - Where is all my money gone?

Traaari, traara... mail for you!
Wow. Mail. Something special... What can this be? I was really exited! And when I hopen it, I almost get a heard attac! This time, the mail is from American Express and states me how much money I spent in the last 3 weeks. Together with the cash, this was 5x more than I spent in a normal month in Germany. How this comes? I was in Poland... an emergin country, I should save money!
So, I start thinking, where I "invest" my money, which expanses I have had... There were no big ones. But all the money for food? I am eating sooo little! How can this be? Therefore I start to list all my expanses and yes: ALL FOR FOOD. I am going crazy! This coke her, the coffee there, some fruits, and a bottle water.... zack! 20 EUR per day gone. Per day! For cheap student food! Cannot be! I was very suprised and talked with my room mate about her average expenses. It seems, she only needs 300 zloty (=80EUR). The gap is really huge, so I start to do some research in different supermarkets. And the result is: Poland is really expansive in food. Almost all the packages are in german language, they import everything from germany! Of course than, the things here are more expansive. Also package size are smaller, therefore the price per kilogram is much higher: the additional package has to be paid, transportation costs, german subventions, and than they also need a margin... Uff... What to do now? Smuggel some salami :D

No comments:

Post a Comment