Sunday, March 14, 2010

12/03/2010 French Swimming P.E.

Friday morning, no appointments, no work to do... But not for me. Sleeping in that suboptimal beds cause me some problems with my back. Thus, I decided to do more sport, especially swimming to strength my muscles. So, up from today, I will have every friday morning my swimming P.E. . P.E. stands for physical education, a class from Warsaw University. (Which is super cheap, so I joined). A P.E. is very different to the Uni-Sport I know from German universities. Every student in Poland has to join a (and only one) sportsclass per semester. The teachers are there and checking the attendency, and if you are missing more than twice, you are out and failed in sport, with all the consequences. Which consequences this are, - I have no idea... But I will ask. Therefore, the students are "very motivated". I recognized very fast their major goal is to pass the time with the least possible effort. In fact, we swam not far, not fast and without any advanced technic.

Well, this was not exactly what I wanted. my motivation to go for the swimming, was

  1. to swimm fast (my friends know, I am used to swimm 1h ( = 2.5km) a day),
  2. improve my technic
  3. form my body and
  4. check out the nice shaped profi-swimmers. =) Check this page out: http://breathingtubes.livejournal.com/135938.html?thread=421890
So, 1.) nono. ... we swam in 1 hour just 1 km. 2.) the teacher was nice, but what technic you want improve, if the other ladies amlost sinc by normal breast stroke? Without hard trainig, I also do not think i will reach my 3.) goal andthe 4.).... forget about it. My friends told me, there would be the university profi swimming team training... Well, maybe an other day.. but for sure not on friday morning. No tall strang men. Not at all.
But a big suprise: After we found out that my old polish swimming teacher do not speak any word english, he started to speak with me in perfect french! Wohow! Great hearing this nice language!

No comments:

Post a Comment