Tuesday, July 6, 2010

03/07/2010 Going to Beijing


Taking the night train is absolutly comfortable. I left Dalian at 22:00 and arrived at 8:30 in Beijing. All together for 256 RMB, approx. 30 USD.
I have had a hard sleeper, which was not really hard. It was six beds together, always 3 over each others. I booked my tickert 10 days in advance (the earlies possibility) and even than, there were only the uppest beds available. I guess there are some agencies, reserving the lower beds (which means to be more luxurious) for them. But, it does not matter, when I sleep, I sleep. The only thing was, that the beds are very small and I could not lay my purse next to me. So i tried different positions, which were more or less comfortable for me and save for my belonings.
Finaly, It was not bad and I arrived relaxed and fresh in Beijing. The hostel people (from Sunrise hostel) sent someone for my pick up from the train station. This was great, otherwise, I would never ever have found the place. I am kind on dumb with Chinese names, as soon something start with X or Guo, I blank out...
After I stored my things (i travelled with a bag from a famous baju brand... you can say, a shopping back from a liquid company) I changed my clothes and went to the forbitten city.
I stand for a long time in the line and inside, the city was crowed by chinese people and their fancy umbrellas. They are using them to protect themselves from the sun. Ok, but they are using them and stepping in all my pictures, so I have tons of snaps from old houses with a hello kitty umbrella in front of it. somewhen, it was too much for me, and to be honest, after the 20th chinee house, the others look all the same. So, I tried to go back to the hostel, but I was completly lost in that forbitten city. All houses looks more or less the same, a lot of small streets and ways, I guess I crossed them all. I passed houses and halls with names like: the upper harmony, the agricultural hall, e.g. never heard of this before. Than, I reached a garden, which was really impressing. I decided to stay there for a while, have a cold coke anc than go on with the search for the exit. After 3 hours I found it and went back the 300 meters to my hostel.
In the afternoon, I met my friend Martin from Tchechien. We know each others from Samara in Russia, and last week, he gave me a call that he will come to Beijing! Great! We went together to the temple of heaven, shot funny pictures and spent the whole afternoon in the part, walking arouond and chatting. Live is so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment