Saturday, June 12, 2010

27/05/2010 from Kuala Lumpur and Cameroon Highlands

I stayed almost one week in Malaysia. The most time in Kuala Lumpure and 2 days in the cameroon highlands. In Kuala Lumpure I visited the city, but I was really unmotivated. It was a strange feeling without my friends, suddently alone and have to be independent. Suddently, I was again responsible for myself. I have had to carry my bags by myself, I have to decide alone where to stay, what to do and what to eat. So many decisions made me very tired. And there was noone, with whom I could share my impressions. (hmm.. not 100% true, the first day, I met a cool Australian girl, and we spent 2 days together running around the city, this was fun).

What I really loved on Kuala Lumpur was food stalls. I love basic food, somewhere on the street, cheap and tasty. I wanna see what I eat and not really know it in detail. I am sure, from time to time, this was good so. And I love the food streets in the night... Always busy, always something to see What me surprised with KL was my desire to spent time in the shopping malls. Normaly I avoid such places and I dislike it. But after such a long time in the jungle and on the islands, I was so happy to see the high end fashion shops. The new collection, the jewels, the designs. I spent 2 days with visiting Cartier, Chopard, Fendi and all the other palces.

An other nice thing was, when I was walking on the street and I heard very strange noise. Looking through a window, I saw an old man and an old woman singing chinese karaokee. I guess they were training. I hope so for them. They sung with an imporession, as this singing would be the most serious thing in their life. Very concentrated, very focused, but soooo wrong. I hope they have had fun.

So, I stayed the most time home, doing some work, writing papers, trying to relax. For 2 days I went to cameroon Highlands, a wounderful place. A little bit like my home with all the winery (in Camreoon, there are no wineyards, but tea plantages) but a bit smaller.
In Cameroon Highlands, they have a delicatess: A steamboat. You get a big pot of soud (boiling water with some flavour, a clear soup) and a lot of other things you can add in and boil your own flavour soup. Even, knowing that going to an restaurant, for boiling the own food makes no sence at all, I really wanted to try this steam boat. I love soup very much and to sit somewhere and putting things in a pot the whole night sounds like fun. But unfortunatly, they served the seam boat only for at least 2 persons. So, I was not allowed to order it. Once again, I missed my friends and went hungry to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment