Saturday, January 8, 2011

20/12/2010 A spectacular Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride!

My graduation gift to my brothers! I am so excited! I booked a Helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon, including the landing on the bottom, where we will eat a bite and have a rafting tour, before the Helicopter brings us back again! I booked it all 2 month ago, and since then, I am speaking almost every day about it. And today is the day, when it will happen. We have to get up at 5 am, to get our pick up on 6 am. Also, I need to make my makeup and hair, because I want to have fabulous pictures! On 5 to 6 there is a bus coming, collecting the people from the different hotels. Then, we find out, that we will go first by bus to the Grand Canyon, where we will enter the Helicopter. Well, not that glamorous, but still ok. Our tour guide is a funny old man, who loves to tell jokes. However, it was not that funny for me, when he told us some hours later, that there will be no Helicopter flight due to the bad weather conditions. And without the Helicopter, we won’t be able to get to the bottom of the canyon, where the boat is waiting. Also no boat tour. But we will enjoy the bus trip and see a bit of the canyon, so we will not be reimbursed. Definitely, he is not responsible for the weather. We shall just sign the copy of our credit card for accounting purposes. Well guys, you know me. And you know, that statements like those might make me…. Let’s say critical. For sure I do not sign my credit card copy. And of course I do not pay a helicopter and rafting deluxe bill that high for a 7 hour bus tour in the rain. Argh!
Well, we were kind of kidnapped in the bus, (The guide offer me first to drop us down at the side of the street when I do not sign the bill, but he changed his mind when I told him how much I would appreciate this, because than I would sue the ass out of him) so we decided to make the best out of it and have a look on the amazing wonder of the nature. The Grand Canyon is really wonderful. I can highly recommend everyone to go there and enjoy the fantastic view and experience. Nevertheless, I was kind of pissed when suddenly a helicopter appeared.

Side note: I am still fighting with the company for the reimbursement. If anyone is booking or planning such a trip, give me a call, I can highly not recommend you one specofic operator.

No comments:

Post a Comment