Saturday, January 8, 2011

10/12/2010 Graduation Day

It is my day. Graduation! Finally. I have this black robe, my hood, and my heat on when I am going my very last time (for this year) to my university. The ceremony takes from noon until 5 pm. Pretty long, and to be honest, also pretty boring. It is kind of formal, you go together with you fellow students in the hall. Than you sit and wait until they call your name, you take your degree and go back. Funnily, when you get back to your seat and look in the nice cover of your degree, there is no degree inside. Only a letter, congratulating and telling you will receive the degree somewhat later by mail. Ah, ok.
Some students tried to pimp the ceremony up by customizing and altering their robes. Several girls personalized their heats by putting glitter on it and wrote greetings to their family and friends on it. Sometimes, when a student stepped up, their family starts cheering them. In special the black families were very proud and active in shouting the name of their baby or even blowing air horns, which woke all the others up a bit.

After that, we met with my friends for a really nice steak dinner at Outback’s. Some people might argue that an Outback steakhouse is not an adequate place for a graduation dinner. I think it is humble and honest, and I love their steaks. In addition, I do not care that much about fancy food, and it is my graduation, so I can choose whatever I want, even if it would end up in Häägen Daz. After that, we went for drinks, bars and even more drinks. Great.

Btw… It was the first time that I drove my new, not yet insured car… So I was the sober driver on my own party. And it was not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment