Saturday, January 8, 2011

17/12/2010 Today I become a Millionaire!

Vegas, Baby, we are coming!
First, we went to a great city walk in South Beach. It was a walking tour about the art deco architecture and history of the district. I participated in the same tour 5 years ago with my ex-boss. It was so impressive and interesting; I wanted my brother to join, too. And we were so lucky with the weather, beautiful sunshine, warm and perfect for taking tons of snaps.
Also the guide (a volunteer) seemed very motivated and extended the 1.5h tour until we have had to break up 3 hours later to catch our flight.
The flight was pretty long (5h), but because it was still a domestic flight, there was no service at all. I think it is ok for 1 or 2 hour flights not to serve snacks and pillows, or to charge a suitcase extra, but on a flight of 5 hours? Come on! In 5 hours I fly almost from Miami to London! Here I need some guchi & treats 
When we arrived in Vegas, my other brother was already waiting for us. He researched a bus connection from the airport to our hotel, but I was too tired and lazy to carry my luggage and to change 3 times a bus, if I can reach it in 15 min by Taxi.
I was really curious to see our hotel. I have no ideas of Vegas hotels, and know only the very big names from Maccau. I never heard about the “Flamingo”. I just saw that it is cheap and nearby other big names, so I assumed it to be a good location. But I was not sure about the standard and the age of the hotel. It seemed to be kind of old and low priced, so I really wanted to see what I booked.
My brothers were rather impressed by the hotel. They liked the room with the huge beds, the zoo, and the big pool area. Way more they were excited when they heard about the price of 36$ per night. Thus, staying in one of the most famous hotels in the middle of the strip was cheaper than a hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment