Saturday, January 8, 2011

08/12/2010 My very first car

Today my brother and I bought my very first car. I have a driver license since years, but I never owned my own car. In Europe and Asia, you do not need that. We have more or less excellent ground transportation but a limited amount of parking slots. A complete contrast to the United States, where distances are long due to one floor buildings and huge parking slots between the buildings. Or did you ever have seen a Drive thru- ATMs outside of America? So, I really see the need to have a car here, even if my heart is still refusing to spend that much money on something I never needed before.

So my brother and I researched the internet for used cars. Because I have “flexible requirements” (means, I do not know really what I want) it is pretty hard.
So far my requirements are: As cheap as possible, I do not care about it, but I do not want to be ashamed of it. But I would spent a bit more if it is cute, like a Mini Cooper for example.

Funny, isn’t it? Finally we ended up buying a Corolla from 2003 with a lot of miles on it, but the car seemed clean and good working.

No comments:

Post a Comment