Tuesday, November 23, 2010

24/11/2010 - I make my driving license

Yes. I decided today to make my driving license. I will buy my first car soon. It is not, that I want to buy one. I think, it is costy and ... I do not like it. Well, mostly because it is costy and I have to arrange so much... invest time, money, effort... all those things. and I have never had a own car... I do not feel that I need that.. I like my bike a lot... But I am rational and I know my friends will kill me, if I do not buy my own car soon and drive them for the next 2 months. And they are right. In Florida, you need a car. The urban planning is ... weak. No public transportation and no efficient ussage of the space. So, you need already a car from your housedoor to the letterbox or garbage can, because they are a half mile away. They do not have a 2nd or 3rd floor, so everything is pretty wide. And because they do not have public transportation, each house has to have plenty parking slots in front for all the people with their huge trucks. And this spreats the city much more out... A devil cycle. And now, I am in it. So I need a car. I have never had an accident, however I am rational enough to buy an insurans (here we see the german low risk tolerance). The US-insurance system is kind of funny. They are not interested in my 10 year accident free driver report. No, they are only interested in an Florida driving licensen to calculate my insurance fee. And the difference is huge. With my german driving license I have to pay 100 USD per month on insurance, with an Florida licenses 30 USD. And the license costs 50USD... So... well for sure I will do this amazing test....
And so it comes, that i am busy with statements like:
Hitting a row of bushes is better than hitting a tree, post or solid object
Aha... good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment