Thursday, September 30, 2010

12/09/2010 Be in THE city

New York, New York! My mom came for a week to new york and I fly to THE city to visit her.... Accidently, is this weekend also the weekend, when the fashion week starts! Amazing!

I arrive in the late friday evening and take a shuttle bus from the airport to porth authority, where I took a city bus to get to New Jersey. My mom has a hotel in New Jersey, which as pros and cons- the bad thing is, that there is nothing going on in the night and so, i can forget about any parties. On the other hand, has her bedroom two panorama windows, with an awesome view on Manhatten.

Well, the weekend, was very different to what I would enjoy normally. My mom has had the funny idea to avoid the jet lag by keeping the German rythm and the German time. Thus, she stand up at half to six in the morning and pushed me to start with the sight seeing. Later, at eight pm she was already so tired, that she fell in her bed. Comparing it to my normal schedule, which starts not before 10 am and ends somewhen after midnight, I felt the jetlag :)

But we have had a lot of fun. We were on the empire state building, near the statur of liberty, in little italy and China town, at the central park, madison avenue, timesquare, Broadway and Wallstreet. And all of this in 1 day.

The second day was rainy and we spent all the time with eating and going from cafe to cafe to eat and drink more. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment